The MBW air soil pick is a selective excavator tool. Selective in the sense that it fractures, pulverises, and displaces porous and semi-porous soils, yet leaves non-porous objects unaffected. It excavates soil without the risk of damaging buried utilities by using a supersonic jet of air. It employs converging and diverging nozzle technology to accelerate compressed air to supersonic speed (up to 1475 mph). The high velocity air stream travels approximately 4″ from the end of the nozzle before decompressing to atmospheric pressure with sufficient violence to pulverise and displace soil.
Non-conductive and non-sparking tools are of obvious benefit to those working in environments that may be gas-enriched and/or be in close proximity to live electric cables.
Above all, it requires no periodic maintenance. A pressure gauge on the handle assembly advises the operator if the tool is working at an acceptable pressure. Therefore, it ensures maximum performance at all times. The MBW air soil pick weighs only 3kg, has zero vibration, and, as a result, can be used for extended periods without fatigue.
- Non-conductive and non-sparking barrel and nozzle
- Large rubber deflector offers additional protection to the user
- Built in pressure gauge to ensure maximum performance
- Air stream velocity of 1475mph (2375km/h)
- Made in the USA
The kit consists of:
- Soil pick – choice of 80, 125, or 160 CFM*
- 45 degree nozzle attachment
- 90 degree nozzle attachment
- 21″ (53cm) straight extension barrel
- 42″ (106cm) straight extension barrel
- Hard sided and storage case
*CFM is an abbreviation for cubic feet per minute (cu ft/min)
Effective cutting depth:
- SP80 – 100mm (4″)
- SP125 – 100mm (4″)
- SP160 – 200mm (8″)
- SP80 – 2265 L/Min
- SP125 – 3540 L/Min
- SP160 – 4531 L/Min
To see our entire excavation tools range, click here.
There are no reviews yet.